Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spicy Chicken Lasagna Rolls

Lasagna is one of Jamie's favorite foods. It's not one of mine. This recipe appealed to me because it's different. It has chicken which is not something you normally find in lasagna, and I like chicken better than italian sausage. Everyone liked it so it's going into the recipe file to be used again and I'm going to share it with you. I hope your family likes it too.
I got the original recipe from an email from allrecipes.com, but I can't find it online now...sorry! Here's my version:

Spicy Chicken Lasagna Rolls

Ingredients:
2 jars spaghetti sauce
2 tsp italian seasoning
2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 15 oz container of ricotta cheese
2 eggs, beaten
14 rinsed cooked lasagna noodles
I took this picture before I made everything and I realized after putting everything together that it needed more sauce so there's only one bottle pictured. The ingredient list is correct. 
This is about 2 cups of chicken which equates to two chicken breasts. I put a pack of four chicken breasts in my crock pot with a can of chicken broth to cook while I was at work. I shredded it when I got home and put half in the fridge for another meal. 
Boil noodles to al dente. You want them to be tender and flexible, but not mushy. Rinse the noodles in cool water after boiling and lay them out on wax paper or tin foil so they don't stick together.

Mix the spaghetti sauce, italian seasoning, and red pepper together in a bowl. 
In a separate bowl mix chicken, eggs, parmesan, ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and 1/2 cup of sauce mixture together.

Spoon mixture onto lasagna and roll up.
Put 1/2-1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 dish. I'm using Pampered Chef Stoneware. It's not really dirty...it just looks like that after it's been used as much as mine has. :) Place lasagna rolls seam side down on top of the sauce.
Cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the sauce. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product. Things got a little crazy around our house. I'll add one next time I make it, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment