Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mexican Chicken Casserole

I looked at several different mexican casseroles online and I combined the best of them all into my own recipe. Jamie and Lynn said that the sauce reminded them of the sauce on the chicken quesadilla at Taco Bell. I eat mexican pizzas or crunch wrap supremes at Taco Bell so I wouldn't know about the sauce...All I know is that it tastes good!

Mexican Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can rotel
1 1/2 c sour cream
2 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
1 bag flour tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese
Combine soups and sour cream in a large bowl. Add rotel and taco seasoning. Mix in chicken. 
In a greased 9x13 dish layer tortilla and chicken mixture starting and ending with tortillas. 
I did four layers of tortillas and three layers of chicken mixture.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the top.
Bake five more minutes or until cheese is melted.
It was pretty messy, but it may help if you let it rest for a little while before cutting. It was late and we were hungry so it only sat for about five minutes before I cut into it. :) Not the best for presentation, but it sure does taste good.



No comments:

Post a Comment