Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Robot party favors

Caden has a halloween party at his day care on Monday. Everyone has to sign up to bring something for the party. I'm making slimy wormy jello cups....more on that later.
This time last year I learned that most of the kids brought little goodie bags or something to send home with each kid in the class after holiday parities. I was pretty upset when I realized that. I didn't make anything for Caden to give out because I didn't know I was supposed to. I felt like a horrible mom. Caden was two; he didn't know that he was the only one without goodie bags, but that didn't happen again! After several holidays, I realized that I really don't like the average goodie bag. It usually includes cheap toys that break or don't get played with and too much candy. Lots of times it's bad candy at that. Okay some of the candy is good, but it almost always has stuff in it that I don't let Caden have like gum or hard candies.
I decided that this year I wanted to do something different, something neat. I want to be the cool mom...the "gosh she's so creative" mom. Sometimes I succeed in living up to my inner crafty genius, but usually I don't. However this year, at least for Caden's school party, you can just call me "Martha". :)
Here's the robots I made for Caden to give to his friends instead of the average goodie bag.
 Adorable, right? Caden is very proud and ready to take these to school. Too bad he has to wait until Monday. :) 
They were actually really easy to make. Here's the breakdown: : 2 "googaly eyes", 2 Hershey's Nuggets, juice box, 2 airheads, 4 starbursts. Hot glue together. 
PS. If you are a teacher at Nana's house, or if your child in the "big kid class" please pretend that you didn't' see this post until after the party, okay? Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute and crafty!! I'm definitely going to have to remember these little robots. Good job, Arsella!

    ReplyDelete