Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Weekend Recap

I was running....all weekend!
We have been working for the past week getting our bonus room into a livable space. It used to be Jamie's man room. Then it was Grandma's bedroom when she lived with us, but it has steadily become a junk room. We have way too much junk in our house!! It's quite an ordeal to weed out though....especially for a pack rat like me. We filled a truck full for Goodwill and put a ton a stuff on the street for the trash men. I think we did pretty well. I would show you photos, but the before was so embarrassing I would never photograph it. I'll get some photos of the new space once I get my side finished. Our bonus room now has some great leather furniture on loan from my in laws (Thanks y'all!), a tv and Jamie's sports memorabilia on one side of the room completing his new man cave. The other side is going to be my craft room. Right now everything is in boxes on my side. It looks a million times better than it did though!
I worked a little Saturday morning, then went to watch some city league football. After the game, I started food for the parties and finished cleaning up. Then Lynn and I took Caden to the Jr Bullriders rodeo that afternoon. Jamie and a couple of his friends were delivering stuff to Goodwill and getting the furniture for the man cave while we were having fun. :)
Caden decided he wanted to be a cowboy this year for Halloween. It was great because he went all decked out in his attire to the rodeo. Caden rode Charlie, his stick horse, over to our neighbors' house before we left for the rodeo. They fussed over how handsome he was and we had a little photo shoot :)






He had SO much fun at the rodeo! We got to see bull riding, pole bending, and even some little ones riding sheep. Caden wanted to get in on the action, but he settled for riding the pretend bull. I wish I had a picture of him riding it with his little hand up in the air, but my phone died and I didn't' take my camera. I only got one photo, but I think it's a pretty good one.
We had some of Jamie's work friends and some family over to watch some football and UFC Saturday night. All of Jamie's hard work paid off because most everybody sat in the bonus room. Caden loved having "new friends" come over.  Thank God for the playroom! All in all it was a good party. I made lots of snacks so recipes will be coming soon.
Sunday night we had a costume party for the youth group at our house. Good times! I was a lady bug, Jamie was a coach, and Caden was of course a cowboy. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of us together. Here's some photos of the night....


















No comments:

Post a Comment